Liquid Arts Forum and MBAA Tech Summit
This past weekend was full of beer talk! On Friday, we attended the Liquid Arts Field to Foam Forum at Colorado State University, where event organizers sought to "connect CSU faculty and staff with their industry counterparts in the entire beer supply chain to ignite research collaborations and public-private partnerships. Field to Foam!" Governor John Hickenlooper gave an interesting Keynote Address and then we broke out into groups to discuss issues affecting supply chain. We also worked to identify areas of research interest to both academic and private partners in the industry. A great moment for academics and private industry to come together around beer.
On Saturday, we had the pleasure of attending the MBAA Rocky Mountain District Technical Summit in Fort Collins. This annual event brings brewers and industry professionals together to discuss a wide range of topics within brewing. The focus on technical topics make for a great networking and educational opportunity. This year's presentations included:
- Using Safety Data Sheets to Create a Safe Brewery Environment: What should we ask our chemical supplier?, Dana Johnson & Tony McCrimmon, Birko Corp
- Malting Sensory Analysis: Advances & Applications, Lindsey Barr, New Belgium Brewing/DraughtLab
- What Breweries Need to Know about FSMA, Tamla Blunt, Colorado State University
- D System Keg Valves-Safety & QA for your Draft Beer, Jon Graber, Micro Matic
- CO2-Free Deaeration of Water-A New Revolutionary Degassing Technology, Stefan Meyering, Corosys Kellerworks
- Sustainable Malting for a Dynamic Brewing Market, Dale West, Proximity Malt
- Diastaticus 101: Background & Detection Methods, Mathew Peetz, Inland Island Yeast Co.
- Panel: Overview of Small to Large QA Programs Across the Front Range, Jon Cross-Call to Arms Brewing Co, Brynn Keenan-Left Hand Brewing Co.
Kathinka Labs enjoyed seeing friends and clients at the event, where we had a booth set up to answer questions and offer information about our analytical lab services. Cheers!